Sunday, April 8, 2012

Is this for reals?

So I got my confirmation for the Early Psychosis clinic registration office.  I'm planning on bringing M with me so they booked two appointments.  Get this: the total cost for our 15 mile trip across the bay to the magic hospital on the hill is going to cost SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. WTF? Are you f-ing kidding me??  This doctor had better be "wicked smart" as my psychiatrist put it (LOL, the language of Gen Xers ;-)

We have no idea how to pay for it, as we're both living from paycheck to paycheck as it is.  Guess it's time to ask Mom for money, not to say that she doesn't owe me something for being the root of a lot of this crazy (more on THAT topic to come...)

So M and I are frantically looking for things in the house that we can hock on Craigslist, foregoing movies and dinners out, and I just pray that when I lose my insurance next month I'll still be able to afford all of my medication after this sudden expenditure. Oh, and did I mention the regular EKGs I now have to undergo because my heart is beating too slow and is in danger of stopping?  A side effect of some of the medications I'm taking.  Try paying for one of those without insurance.

5 days and counting... I hope that the check I write them will be a good check, or they might send their goons out looking for me.  Oy.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment